'02 Seadoo power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 Seadoo power loss

My buddy has a 02 seadoo XP that has a loss of power. The first place that he took it into claimed that it had cold seizure. they wanted like 1800 to fix it. He took it to a different place and they said that it needed a tune up. He claims that it isn't accelerating like it should, and isn't as fast top end. He says its going like 62. How fast does a stock 02 xp usually go anyways? Could this be cold seizure or if not what other things could cause this? Already been to 2 shops and looked at.

Re: '02 Seadoo power loss

stock XPL will go from 59 to 62 mph. Depending on how strong the motor is from factory. If its not accelerating like it should, check your pump. Also, take the raves off and look through the raves to see if the piston has any scoring or the cylinder walls, that will tell you if it seized also. If that doesn't satisfy what you want, take the head off and then take pictures and post them on here. But I would check the impeller and wear ring on the ski first.
    SHOOTER

Comment

Re: '02 Seadoo power loss

Originally posted by SHOOTER
      stock XPL will go from 59 to 62 mph. Depending on how strong the motor is from factory. If its not accelerating like it should, check your pump. Also, take the raves off and look through the raves to see if the piston has any scoring or the cylinder walls, that will tell you if it seized also. If that doesn't satisfy what you want, take the head off and then take pictures and post them on here. But I would check the impeller and wear ring on the ski first.
      SHOOTER
      is there a better way to tell me how to check most of that cause im not sure how to check that **** so if u can telll me somemore details on it then it will really help!!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X