61x Carb Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61x Carb Settings

my list of mods are below with the newest addition of the billet head. when i went to water test i had to turn the high and low screws out quite a bit to compensate for the compression increase, and was wondering with the addition of the head is there any internal carb jets,springs,etc that i would need to changed.

Thanks,
    Robbie
    1994 FX1<br />Riva Red Pipe<br />Tau Ceti Fa w/ pre filter <br />Boyesen Pro Series Reeds<br />Riva Pro Series Billet Head<br />35cc Domes <br />Msd Cdi Enhancer<br />Msd Coil<br />Msd Wires<br />Jet Dynaimcs Ride Plate <br />Protec Intake Grate<br />Solas 18/24, 20/26 Impeller<br />Twin Rule 500 GPH Bilge System

Your head doesn't effect the mixture requirements, but your pipe and flame arrestors sure do. I suggest you fine tune the carbs in by following the guide in the Technical section to the left, and if you are more than 2 turns out on your screws, jet up one size. Set your pop-off around 20 psi.

Comment

Thanks for the reply bryan its much appreciated
      1994 FX1<br />Riva Red Pipe<br />Tau Ceti Fa w/ pre filter <br />Boyesen Pro Series Reeds<br />Riva Pro Series Billet Head<br />35cc Domes <br />Msd Cdi Enhancer<br />Msd Coil<br />Msd Wires<br />Jet Dynaimcs Ride Plate <br />Protec Intake Grate<br />Solas 18/24, 20/26 Impeller<br />Twin Rule 500 GPH Bilge System

Comment

ok i am back at it again bryan!!
        my current carb setup is:
        44mm mikuni
        140 main
        120 pilot
        1.5 needle and seat
        65 gram spring
        on my high screw i am out to 3 turns
        and on my low screw i am out 1.5 turns.
        i am still runnnig leaner then i would like to be and was thinking if i need to got to bigger jets or do i need to change my needle and seat along with the spring and keep my current jets in ?

Comment

the main jet is actually a 145

Comment

Working...
          X