Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 95 XP Looses Power

Originally posted by Archangel6
    I was being attacked my a GIANT swan..yes a swan...
    Thats happened to me twice on my XP. I keep a watch out for them now when I go through a NWZ.

I also have a 95 and mine use to bog too. Ended up being that water was leaking in from the hose that goes from the front head to the exhaust. All I had to do was tighten the clamp and it was good. It would run for like 20-30 mins then bog out and stall. If your getting water in your Hull that could be the problem. You said you installed a pump, so I guess you are getting water in the hull. Might be something to check although I am no expert on PWCs.

Comment

I'm going to try taking it out one last time before I tear it apart..I'm going try keep it at 50% and see what happens, if it dies F-it I'm I'll tear it down, or swap my 657 into it for the rest of the season!

Comment

Well...I ended up tearing into her after my 2nd trip out. Piston skirts were slightly scored as were the cylinders. Those honed out just fine w/250 grit stones. While I had it apart I decided to check into the internal carb fuel filters, and low and behold...they were clogged:( So I cleaned those reassembled with a set of std. WSM pistons, rings, and pins..etc and took her out Saturday for the break-in..

I was only able to ride for about an hour, but all seems to be going well. It ran great, and so far I have been following the recommended break-in per SBT. time will tell!

Thanks SBT, BO, and 1fstSki

Comment

Good for you.

Now, let me ask this question.
          You get all your information ( three pages of it) here from tech support to fix your ski, but you spend your money with WSM ?

Why not patronize SBT ? SBT prices are very competitive and thier products are good too. So why spend your money elsewhere?

Are we doing something wrong?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
            Good for you.

Now, let me ask this question.
            You get all your information ( three pages of it) here from tech support to fix your ski, but you spend your money with WSM ?

Why not patronize SBT ? SBT prices are very competitive and thier products are good too. So why spend your money elsewhere?

Are we doing something wrong?
            WOW...just WOW!!

Comment

No, I really meant it, are we doing something wrong? Prices too high or what? How about some feedback?
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM

Comment

Maybe the WSM forum/phone guys give better tech support.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
                  No, I really meant it, are we doing something wrong? Prices too high or what? How about some feedback?
                  Believe it or not, I felt that Sooner or later I expected to get backed into the "Why didn't you buy it from us" corner since I've seen it already in other posts. Too be honest I don't appreciate being called out for it. If there is a dollar amount on the time taken to answer my questions please forward that to my email address and I would be glad to make a donation to your organization, and SBT. I'm all for supporting SBT's forums and whomever's forums I frequent! I pay a membership fee over at AR15.com with no problem, and if I feel the need I have on many cases paid $$ for someones time. I was able to get a good deal on the WSM's I couldn't pass them up, I knew that my issue wasn't a total rebuild, or the need for a new engine. I am quite resourceful and don't always go the mainstram route.

Are you doing something wrong? Well to call someone out, and make them feel guilty for NOT spending $$ with SBT I think an IM would have been more appropriate! I was intending on buying carb rebuild kits from SBT, and if I purchase my next Seadoo I am planning to spread my $$ among the 3 entities who have helped me since coming here...BO, SBT, and 1fstSki.

If you guys feel that I am wasting valuable time PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
                    Maybe the WSM forum/phone guys give better tech support.
                    From someone that is representing a company I would expect more than smart a$$ comments!

Comment

So that's a no? :D
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I do appreciate the time!

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

I'm the one who "called you out", and if you feel that I stepped out of line, I'll take the blame.

I was really interested in why you bought elsewhere more than "calling you out" for it.
                          Part of customer service is finding out why the potential customer is dissatisfied with products or pricing enough to take his business elsewhere so I can understand why SBT lost the sale.

Ok, I'll shut up now.
                          Bill O'Neal <br>
                          WCM

Comment

Everyone should get to experience the pure joy of owning a business! ;)

KO

Comment

Working...
                            X