1996 Wave Venture Ex. hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Wave Venture Ex. hose

I keep blowing the ex hose on a 1996 Wave Venture. I put a new hose on and ran it for 10 min. and it split. I have flushed and blew air in all the water hoses and this is the second hose that has split. Any help?

Re: 1996 Wave Venture Ex. hose

Upon installation are you prepping the surface good enough.If so are you putting the clamp on too tight?
    2003 XLT1200 RIVA STAGE 2

WAVEATER POWERVALVE STUFF
    COMMERCIAL TINY TACH

Comment

Are you talking about the rubber hose between the exhaust pipe and the water box? If so, I had that happen a couple of years ago. It's a very common issue with the Ventures.

There is probably some very fine sand caked around the end of the stinger pipe. The solution is to disassemble the end of exhaust pipe and knock the sand off with a wire brush or screwdriver - whatever it takes.

Re-assemble with new gaskets and sealant, and you should be good to go. Sometimes you have to replace the rubber "sprayer" seal, too.

Good luck.
      "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

What is the rubber sprayer? The hose keeps busting, it is not coming lose from the pipe. I have had 3 hoses to bust.

Comment

The sprayer is no. 42 on the attached diagram. Again, it sounds like your exhaust system is clogged with sand and/or dirt. That restricts/blocks the flow of cooling water and causes the rubber exhaust hose to overheat and burst. There's no simple fix. You need to follow the instructions on my previous post - or you're going to keep popping that $60 exhaust hose.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by uncle-buck; 07-27-2005, 11:34 AM. Reason: correction
          "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Working...
          X