Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 tigershark daytona overheating problem

Hi Guys,

I have a 95 tigershark daytona 640 that runs for about 30 seconds and then it will bog down to 3000 rpm. When I shut it down and start it up again it will run for a little bit and then bog down again. I have let it idle before for about 1 minute and then it runs fine again for another 30 seconds or so. I have taken out the heat sensor and when that is out it seems to run fine. I have also put in a brand new sensor and I have the same problem. The pipe seems to be clear. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this type of problem and could help me out.

Thanks,
    tigershark95

Re: 95 tigershark daytona overheating problem

Was just wondering if you solved your problem and what the solution was.

AngryBlues

Comment

We had the same issue on a 97 1000 this last weekend. Will be following this thread..

Comment

Most of the time the small elbow fitting on the front of the pipe clog and you have to unscrew them and clear the small opening in the pipe with a small drill bit or piece of wire.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Dank, you mean the elbow coming out of the side of the jet pump?

Comment

No up on the exhaust pipe in front of the engine and on the side of the pipe. There are two and have water lines runniing to them

Comment

I think I'll be checking some elbows on a 1000 tomorrow night :)

Comment

No elbows on the 1000 engine just the hoses from the exhaust manifold to the head.

Comment

We cleaned out all the elbows and are now waiting for a rubber exhaust hose that is back ordered so we have not had it back in the water yet. I will post when we get the hose and try it again. By the way we found no obstruction in the elbows so I'm not real confident that we fixed anything.:emoticoni

Comment

Your heat sensor may be fused, which would make it blog when on, and not, when off. The 999 has a very differant exsaust
                    For the exspansion chamber than the smaller engines. Saltwater will clog them quick.

Comment

Working...
                    X