Fuel Primer Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Primer Kit

Installing a primer kit today on my 94 Montego. I had problems finding choke kit and decided to go the primer route. I assume the fittings are installed using JB? Or are they pressed into the carb?? Also, I am very new to Mikuni carbs...I have two lines that come from the tank. One has the fuel filter, the other does not. Is this just a return line? Where is the reserve line? Is there one (reserve line) on the 94 Montego? Should the kit be installed on the return line or main line?? What advantage does the main or return each have.....assuming that I have not reserve line?
    Considering changing to a premix system. I am very concerned about the pump. I have seen posts citing a drill to check?? What about a high rev type tool instead (dremmel or air motor, etc). Could that do the trick to check for output? Does anyone know of a rebuild kit for the pump...is it even possible?

Thanks for any help that can be provided!!!

Re: Fuel Primer Kit

Most primer kits have brass fittings that just press in tightly where the choke plate shaft was. The 2 lines are the fuel supply and fuel return line. The on and reserve lines are split at your fuel selector valve. 2 lines come from the tank and 1 line feeds the carb. Install the primer on the fuel supply line. If you are concerned about the oil pump or have doubts about it go to premix. Very simple on your shark. Remove the pump,install the block off plate and mix 50/1 ratio.No rebuild kits available for the oil pumps.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Re: Fuel Primer Kit

I think the 94 Daytona didn't have a reserve line just on all the time. In that case you would T into the main fuel line after the filter.

But be sure to change the plunger out every two years or they will start leaking and let air go back down the line and cause it to lean out. Another way would to put a small on/off valve in the line from the fuel line to the primer and just turn it on when you start it cold the turn it back off after it starts. That way the primer can't let air back into the fuel line and cause a lean condition.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
      X