Need new Jetpump recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new Jetpump recommendation

New to this forum, but have been reading for a few weeks.
    I recently purchased a 95 Kawasaki 900 ZXI. Took it out a few times just to try it out before going to the lake on vacation last week.

After about 4 days, I lost the pump. Severe cavitation, would only run at no-wake speed.

I tore it apart tonight, and I'm thinking I need just about new everything. Pump housing, impeller, bearings, and possibly shaft.

All of the vanes in the housing have pretty big chunks out of it, the wear ring is all scored, and the impeller outside edges are worn down, with some defects in the leading edges. All but one bearing had failed and fallen apart.

I've been doing some web research seeing what is availble. I can find lots of impellers, but not much of a selection of places selling the pump housing itself.

I am looking for recomendations of models and web sites where parts may be availble. I'm not looking for anything special. I don't need super high performance, pretty much stock would be fine, unless somthing else would help the porpising problem I seem to have.

I also have a "Shuttlecraft" boat that this jetski pushes, but I dont plan on using that much, but would like something that could push that around pretty efficiently.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob

Re: Need new Jetpump recommendation

Rebuilt pump $300@ http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/jet...onditioned.htm
    bering,seal,o ring KIT aprox $45
    Pump shaft aprox $45
    Broken vanes ok!! Bearing surface broken NOT OK
    If the veins in your pump are broken you will still get a full core refund. Sometimes there is catastrophic bearing failure inside the pump housing taking out the bearing housing surface. If the bearing surface inside your jet pump housing core has been destroyed do to catastrophic bearing failure the pump housing is considered destroyed
    or you could go with the MAGNUM PUMP comes complete with SCAT-TRAK intake and impeller only aprox $1300-1700 with rebuildable exchange. MONEY MONEY MONEY !!!! Good luck. And remember thats only a suggestion.
    And remember do like ALL the people at the lake that want to ride my ski's do,
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDE IT LIKE A RENTAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Working...
    X