Which needle & seat for 1992 WR3 650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which needle & seat for 1992 WR3 650?

Self explanatory - ski is stock. Anyone know? The wire around the top of the needle is broken and needs to be replaced, but I don't know what needle and seat it is.

As far as I understand there's 4 main ones:

but I have no idea what mine would be.

I don't have the manual here - but you can just pull it out and look for yourself [img]smile.gif[/img] - they are labeled.

[ May 28, 2002, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

You will need a magnfying glass also. The stamping is usually small and lightly stamped. You will probably find it to 1.2 or 1.5.

Edited because I have poor spelling sometimes.

[ May 28, 2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: CaptToyota ]
      ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Simon, the stock n/s is the 1.5. You can use a needle from any size seat as long as the needle has the rubber tip. JB.

Comment

Thanks for the reply everyone. I couldn't actually read it on the needle and seat - it wasn't legible.

Comment

For engine code 6M6-00 with a 40mm venturi bore the valve seat is listed in the shop manual as 2.0
            97 GP1200/99 XPL<br />Head, intake and handling mods on both

Comment

Working...
            X