Need info on water lines for my GP800R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on water lines for my GP800R

I need some help from all you Yamaha experts. I just installed my new SBT engine last night and after cranking it over for a couple minutes, it fired right up (Stronger than ever). While the install was fairly easy, I think I may have hooked a couple water lines up incorrectly. While on the hose, water came out of the jet pump while running, but couldnt really get any water to come out of either side of the hull (which appear to be there to indicate proper water flow throughout the exhaust and engine sleeves) When I pushed the throttle in quick spurts I could get a little water to "Spray" out the Left side. Now, let me know if I'm wrong, but the left side exit hose is hooked to the exhaust and the right side is hooked up to the engine casing. Is this correct or do I have it backwards, or does it even matter? Could there be some kind of blockage in the brand new engine? Could low water pressure from the hose cause this lack of water indication? Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Need info on water lines for my GP800R

Water doesn't come out the side bypasses at idle, on the hose.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Need info on water lines for my GP800R

you get too much loss out the jet pump while flushing, for the engine and exhaust to fill up and pee out the outlets...pinch off the line leading to the jet pump and your pee lines should work..

Comment

Working...
      X