starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problem

after a #1 piston replacement and carb rebuild im now having a starting issue. after it was all assembled it started right up and ran great. i let it run for only about a minute and then came in for dinner. now it wont start at all. there is a little bit of exhaust/smoke coming from the #1 carb when cranking it and its barely even hitting when im cranking it. im pretty sure i need to get fuel back into the lines because i replaced all of them also. what is an easy way to get it primed? the first initial fire-up was a little bit of weed eater gas and some added 2 stroke oil to make sure it was well lubed. someone please help me out. im hoping to have this in the water this weekend for break-in. its a 95 slt750

Re: starting problem

ok i have solved the starting issue.... now moving to a cooling issue. since this is my first PWC im still trying to learn all i can about it. when running and connected to my garden hose its still getting too hot to touch. not blistering hot or anything, but after about 1 or 2 seconds with your hand on it you cant stand to touch any of the cylinders. i have taken out the thermostat and kept the spring and little plastic plunger in the cooling system. i see youguys on here talking about it being cool to the touch is good. i know all the water jackets in the heads, cylinders, and exhaust are clear from any blockage form having just rebuilt it. how hot should this thing get while on the hose? its idleing at about 2800 RPM being out of the water. carbs have been rebuilt also and set to the factory settings. the #1 cylinder is no longer spitting fuel at me, i think it was just flooded. everything sounds good and fires right up. just the heat is an issue.

Comment

Working...
    X