"ELECTRICAL" 95 Seadoo XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ELECTRICAL" 95 Seadoo XP

Got a seadoo XP here that i installed a new SBT motor in! I have an Electrical Problem with the unit! I can start it for a couple of secounds then it shuts down like a switch! OR kill has been pulled! I have tracked the problem to the Electrical Control Mod! There is a Black and Red striped wire that comes from the pick up coil to the Coil and to the Control box! In this process i have unpluged all electrical components not needed for running! Jumped out the kill switch at the control box! The only thing left at the box in operation is the start solinoid! the Ground wire for the coil and this black and red wire to the coil! I can unplug the wire jumper from the control wire to the coil and it runs fine! If i plug it in it shuts the motor off! My thoughts were the box so i got a new one! Not it! I was under the impression that this black and red wire would produce a ground to kill the motor if one of the kills were activated but if i unplug this wire and check with a test light there is no ground present! Nore is there 12 volts! but as soon as i plug it in kills the motor! So What does the Black and red wire DO????????
    Last edited by yz250twisted; 08-05-2005, 10:32 AM. Reason: Help????

Re: "ELECTRICAL" 95 Seadoo XP

Do you have a 720 1995 XP, or a 1995 XP limited 787 powered ski ?
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X