Rear impeller shaft seized!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear impeller shaft seized!!!

Ok first OMG My tigershark pump basically flew apart so I ordered everything I neede and now my mechanic tells me he can't unthread the rear shaft from the impeller and that it looks like the only weay to solve it is get a new impeller and shaft!!! The impeller is perfect and the shaft is not bad just the 2 are seized together? my question is has anyone have any sigggestions how to get the 2 apart...he said he has tried heat and anpipe wrench got to turn once and then seized but I am not spending another 500 a an impeller! If they can fix the f^^%&&ing space shuttle in space you would think there would be a way to spin the SOB off! thanx for letting me rant! Three weeks out of commision and it's 30* here today any suggestions appreciated!

Re: Rear impeller shaft seized!!!

Not much you can do but more heat and look for a deal on ebay for the parts if needed.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I would think that he probably used oxygen/accetylene torch to heat it but just in case he used a propane torch.... switch to a hotter gas before you give up.

AngryBlues

Comment

he did just try propane he told me that! I have it soaking in wd40 now and I think I have a way to get more torque on it! thanx

Comment

put one end in a vice and use an impact wrench on the other. That should do ya. lol And when you get them apart, use anti-seize lubricant when re-assembeling.
          Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

tried to put the driveshaft in the vice and then torque the other end but snapped my vice in half drive shaft kept spinning in vice Ima still trying

Comment

update got the shaft out but tore the threads off the shaft but I think the prop is fine!! whew 45 mins of twisting and balancing by two men using pipe wrench and an adjustable!!!

Comment

Working...
              X