How to remove the Carbs on 1993 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove the Carbs on 1993 XP

I have ordered two carb kits for my 1993 xp. I am trying to remove the carbs to install the kits and seem to have hit a road block. How do you access the carb bolts? The are blocked by the manifold on one side and the carbs themselves on the other. I can't get a socket on them or a flat wrench. My manual suggests removing the intake manifold except that the top two manifold bolts are obstructed by the carbs:emoticonc I have removed the air handler and the flame arrester and such from the top of the carbs already.

Also the hoases have some weird kind of claps on them what tool should I use to remove them an where can I buy it?
    See you on the water!

Re: How to remove the Carbs on 1993 XP

Your manual is correct. Remove the 4 rotary cover bolts. 13 mm. Then carefully pull the rotary cover off. Be sure the rotary valve does not slide off of the rotary shaft. If it does then you will have to retime the valve. They tend to stick to the rotary cover when removing. Once you have the rotary cover off you can access the bolts easily on the workbench. The factory clamps are sometimes a pain to remove. Be careful when removing them and do not apply too much pressure to the carb nipple fittings as they can break off easily.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

thanks I'll try that. Is there a tool for those clamps or do you have to just smile at them right with a pair of plyers to get them to come off
      See you on the water!

Comment

hey guys,

ok I tried to remove the RV cover and I can access three of those bolts, but the bottom right bolt is obstructed by the oil pump. Does anyone have a suggestion on the type or wrench I should use to get to this thing.

I'm begining to think you cant work on this stuff without removing the whole engine every time. oh well

any suggestions would be apriciated
        See you on the water!

Comment

Working...
        X