Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the passage in the crank case on my 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the passage in the crank case on my 750?

I just pulled apart my SLT 750 to find that the #3 cylinder had thrown a rod in the past and the douche that i bought it from cobbled it back together and pawned it off on me. my question is, what is the cavity opposite the carbs on the upper engine case? is it a water passage, or something else? it is broken on the #3, and that exposes it the crank. the crank case has no water in it, and it ran for 10.5 miles before overheating due to an unrelated problem (the afore mentioned douche forgot to put a hose clamp on the water inlet hose. and it popd off). Thanks

Re: what is the passage in the crank case on my 750?

someone has to know! the dealer couldn't give a a definitive answer. I am sure some of you know more then those guys. any help would be great.

Comment

I think it's the bypass passage that air/gas mix travels through from the crankcase to the head during engine operation (2nd cycle in 2-stroke) However I'm no engine guru, But I think that's it if it's opposite the intake side

Comment

that is what i was thinking, but i need a second oppinion. the other question i have is will it hurt the motor severly if I put it back together with that piece of the casting missing. as I said before, it seemed to run good the way it was. i was getting about 45 MPH out of it is that normal for an SLT 750 trip?

Comment

Working...
        X