Kawasaki STS engine cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki STS engine cutting out

Just had a new engine from SBT installed, followed the break in instructions to the letter and it ran fine. The very next weekend it still runs but seems to cut in and out at around 6 RPM. Any ideas? thanks

Re: Kawasaki STS engine cutting out

That's usually ignition related. Try unscrewing the boots from the plug wires and snipping the wires back 1/4", then screwing the boots back on for fresh connections.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do the black caps on the wire ends just unscrew from the small white connections at the electrical box or do you have to take the white colored connectors out? One of the white connectors that the plug wires screw into seems to be broken, could this be causing the problem? I had the same thing several summers ago and after replacing the small white connectors that were broken it seemed to help the problem. Thanks

Comment

I had a similar problem, the white external (threaded) plug at electrical box broke which allowed water into the electrical box and corroded all the connections especially those under the fuse block. In order to replace the white plug you need to disconnect the wire connector in the electrical box and either:
        1. use a small screwdriver and release the male connections from the connector. This will allow you to remove the wires from the box without cutting them.
        OR 2. Cut the wires at the connector, remove the wires from the box, replace threaded plug and splice wires back together with generic individual connectors
        OR 3. Cut the wires at the connector and buy new connecotrs and pins from Kawasaki. I'm pretty sure you can buy the pins from an electronics store.

Comment

Working...
        X