Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1300R got swamped, anything else i can do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1300R got swamped, anything else i can do?

so here is the story:
    yesterday i was out wave jumping on my gp1300r when i hit a huge wave and the ski was nearly upside down (just to give you an idea of how inverted it was, my back was flush enough with the water that it knocked the wind out of me) i ended up falling off and when i came back up to get back on my ski i found that the seat was off and the whole engine compartment was full of water, i dont know how it didnt sink. lucky there was 2 other guys that saw me go down and they pulled me to shore, they then helped me flip it over to get the water out of the hull and i took the plugs out and turned the engine over to get most of the water out. we tried for several minutes to get it started with no luck. the guys were nice enough to tow me back to the ramp and i proceded home. after several tries of removing the plugs and spraying wd40 down the cylinders i got it to run. i took it back out and ran it hard for about 20 minutes and everything seemed fine. i washed the engine compartment down with water and soap to get the heavy salt off and covered it all with wd40 (like i do after every salt water ride). it was probably close to an hour from the time it was swamped to the time i got it running, should everything be ok, and is there anything else i can do?

this forum is what saved my ski so far because i knew what to do if my ski ever was swamped so thanks alot sbt!

Re: 1300R got swamped, anything else i can do?

Well done. You should be OK.

You might consider washing the engine compartment out with water and Salt Terminator.
    "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

thanks for the tip, i will probably do that. another question, should the electronics be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by wakewhorNC
        thanks for the tip, i will probably do that. another question, should the electronics be ok?
        The CDI is in a shrould and is water tight, so unless it leaked ur fine, even then given ample time to dry aside from corrosion everything would be fine.

So ur fine, lucky you pulled the plugs before trying to fire it as water isnt compressable, and lots of damage can happen...

B

Comment

Working...
        X