'84 JS 550 Stand-Up, fuel tank....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '84 JS 550 Stand-Up, fuel tank....

Is there a fuel tank vent (valve) somwhere on this ski?

I know about the valve that lets in into the tank.

Is there one that lets air out of the tank?..... So it won't over pressurize.

Re: '84 JS 550 Stand-Up, fuel tank....

Yes there is (or should be) on the hose assembly that the rest of the hoses are on the screws onto the top of the fuel tank. There should be 4 hoses on this. Fuel on,reserve,return and vent. The vent line will have a plastic check valve in line.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

OK, thanks for the reply. That hose with the valve lets air ----Into ---the tank. I found that one.

I'm looking for one that lets air out of the tank.

For some reason I'm blowing fuel tank caps. The cap seperates at the threads. Consequently the tank won't pressurise and engine won't start.
      Mostly this happens while setting stored in a building ??????

I have bought a new vent valve(that allows air into the tank), but not installed it yet. Something just does not make sense ????

Comment

The answer is no, the valve is a one way into the tank not out. I've never seen the pressure cause a cap to blow. Did it happen more than once? I'm sure lots of people on this site have noticed that when you go to fill up, you often will hear pressure escaping as you slowly remove the fuel cap.

Comment

Yes...happened twice this year. I just installed the new valve ($35.00 at dealer), so I'll see what happens.

I could un-stick the old valve (by blowing in) but replaced it anyway.

I was looking for an aftermarket cap, but I guess none are available.

The mystery remains ??????

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Does it fill up from the front of the hull or under the hood? Two of my caps were broken when I got my two skis. They were dummy caps on the front because the filler had been disconnected and I have to fill up directly into the tank (no fun with a stock tank). Someone complained somewhere about the stock caps breaking off at the rings. Maybe the caps are getting overtightened. Anyway, I guess these things break on their own. They can probably get pretty hot too
            Interesting though
            Does air push the pulse in the clear fuel line?
            My internal caps haven't broken yet, both brand new. I guess I would have to get them off the trailer to tell you more.

Comment

Working...
            X