No water out of front inspection port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water out of front inspection port

I have a brand new 2001 Yamaha XLT1200. It runs great, pushing water out the rear port, no temp warnings or signs of overheating, but there is no water flow coming out of the front inspection port. Any ideas ? Pat
    Pat<br />2001 XLT1200<br />Pump Plug Kit/Sealed Fercho Style<br />Riva Intake Grate<br />Riva Rideplate<br />Solas Concord 12/18 <br />Solas Billet Impeller Cone<br />Custom Hydro-Turf Seat Cover<br />Riva/Rule Bilge Pump Kit<br />Riva Billet Gas Cap

I've got an idea! It's clogged. Start removing parts of the cooling system until you find the clog. Start at the front. JB.

Comment

Jerry, I thought of that..sort of..But its brand new, how could it be clogged ? I took the hose loose from the top of the motor, and its dry there..no flow..what can I safely take apart next ?

[ June 23, 2002, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: JPG ]
      Pat<br />2001 XLT1200<br />Pump Plug Kit/Sealed Fercho Style<br />Riva Intake Grate<br />Riva Rideplate<br />Solas Concord 12/18 <br />Solas Billet Impeller Cone<br />Custom Hydro-Turf Seat Cover<br />Riva/Rule Bilge Pump Kit<br />Riva Billet Gas Cap

Comment

You are talking about when you are riding it, right? It only trickles on the hose or at idle...

Comment

Bryan, No water seems to flow ever..Idle or running. I have even tried it with the flush kit. Like I said, it doesn't show any signs of overheating however. I am stumped.

Comment

That's just your bypass line - it's probably clogged at it's fitting - it will not overheat your ski but you need to unclog it.

[ June 23, 2002, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

Ok...I am new to this deal..When you say fitting, are you talking about where the hose clamps to the top of the motor ? I took it loose there, and it seems to be dry. How would I check further ?

Comment

Yes that's what i mean - and if it's dry there you have to search back farther.

Comment

Thanks Bryan....I'll start my search in a little while. Where does it go from the top hose port (at the top of motor) ?

Comment

Working...
                  X