2004 GP800R 34 HRs - Not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 GP800R 34 HRs - Not starting

Anyone have any idea why this ski would not be starting? It is one year old - has had its 10hr service by the dealer, and I take excellent care of this sucker. I have checked the main fuse, spark plugs, gas, and I still can not get this dog to bite.....I ran it about two weeks ago with no problems and now nothing.... any other suggestions?? TIA

~04Gp800r

Re: 2004 GP800R 34 HRs - Not starting

Try full choke with full throttle and crank engine,uaually will start.You can also prime engine through removable plug in flame arrestor canister. Good luck with it.
    YoSA "Best Yamaha Dealer in the Lone Star State"

Comment

And if what yz said dosent work you can give it a shot of starter fluid while someone else is cranking it and givin it shots of 1/2 gas. like wait a sec then a shot and wait then a shot. all while its cranking and your givin it starter fluid(wd-40) and if wd40 wont start it go buy some real starter fluid cause that stuffs alot more potent. O and dont give it any choke while givin it fluid.

Comment

NEVER use starter fludi unless you enjoy ruining your bearings! These are NOT cars, people!

Use PRE-MIX fuel as your starting solution - either down the carbs or down the spark plug holes only!
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.....

I have been told in the past NOT to use starting fluid on the PWC. I have tried FULL CHOKE and FULL throttle with the same results..... Is it possible that the battery is too low to start ? The guages, etc are coming on but as I said - it will NOT turn over. I have replaced the spark plugs, and fuse and checked for spark - which I am getting...... TIA

~o4GP8ooR

Comment

Yup, charge the battery.

Comment

Charged the battery and no change....... any other ideas before I take this thing in to someone?? TIA

Comment

check your battery connections. Does it make any sound at all when you hit the start button? If the battery and starter motor are working properly the jetski should make a sort of thumping noise of the starter engine turning over the pistons. If it doesnt make any sounds, your batteries fried, or your starter motor. Something also may be askew with your electrical (can of worms there). Its still under warranty right? This is most likely a manufacturer defection in something.

Comment

Battery connections are good - no corrosion of any kind.
                  The starter motor is turning over I believe - it does sound
                  like its trying to start - just never turns over.........

Still under warranty - just wanted to check everything I could before taking an hour trip to the dealer......Thanks again

~04Gp800r

Comment

sounds like a weak battery, the starter motor should turn over the motor, it may not start it if you have other problems, but the motor should still turn over

Comment

Thanks everyone!! I finally got this bad boy started.... I adjusted my throttle cable because I noticed some slack there. I charged the battery overnight, then used a pre-mix gas down the spark plug holes to give er a lil jump....and she fired right up. Thanks again.....

~04Gp800r

Comment

Working...
                      X