This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer service?

Last year I purchased an engine and a starter from SBT for my jet ski. I was quite impressed of how quickly they got it to me and how organized they seemed to be. Recently the drive end frame of the starter cracked and binding of the gears resulted in the starter no being able to turn.The starter is no longer under warranty by 5 weeks. What I want is to have SBT get me a new D E Frame and send it to me in order for them to maintain their proprietory agreement with their suppliers. All they tell me is that it cannot be done.It seems to me at this point folks that once you are beyond your warranty all they want you to do is buy another, in this case, starter and send the old one back for warranty consideration. What does that meen? Spend another $199. + shipping and maybe, just maybe they will honor the warranty. Sorry I am only a sucker once, if I spend another $200. for a starter I will give someone else a chance to take me.
    I have suggested that they call their supplier, have them send the part to SBT and then they can foward it to me. "WE don't do that!" That being customer service! It would take a couple of telephone calls and presto I would be a happy customer. I am not asking for anything free I offered to pay them a reasonable price and shipping and handling for the part but they just don't do that. That = customer service.

Thanks for the aggravation!

Paul Foglia
    Seafogs@comcast.net

Re: customer service?

That's correct - as I explained to you on the phone - you are out of warranty (7 weeks in your case, the purchase was June 22nd 2004), and no we don't process warranty claims out side the coverage period. We are sorry you had difficulty with the starter, but no - we do not and can not process parts of a starter internally nor through our manufacturer. I'm sorry you don't want to spend the money for a new starter, but as I explained, that is your only choice other than getting another starter to use parts from.

This has now been explained to you by myself (Tech), our Warranty Manager AND our Sales Manager. This matter is closed.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: customer service?

This user is now banned for repeated harassement - multiple postings here and repeated calls in to all of our departments.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X