X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new engine for my LS2000 jet boat???

Hello everyone,:emoticonw

I'm new here as you can tell. Great forum:emoticont

Sorry for the long post but I have a few questions and wanted to give some background.

I have a 2000 LS2000 jet boat and had my starboard engine lose compression in the center and back cylinders so I'm getting a new SBT engine installed.

I dropped my boat off at the mechanic yesterday and did alot of research on this site yesterday also. He was talking about the one year warranty, which is nice but I found that the Premium Engine package has a 2 yr warrany. So, I printed the info about both engines and took it to the mech this morning. He pulled out his book and had already ordered a 1200R which I cannot find on this site as far as the engine model but I think its a powervalve engine which my boat does not have. I pointed this out to him and he is to call SBT today and make any changes needed but the 1200R is about $500 more than the 1200 nonpv so I think he just got them mixed up and will have it corrected. I just want to make sure I'm correct in this assumption about the 1200R. Is this a powervalve engine? This mechanic works on a lot of ski's but I think this is the 1st jet boat he has seen and that is where the mixup came about.

Again sorry for the long post but any help or info is appreciated.
    Thanks

Paul

Re: new engine for my LS2000 jet boat???

I was wondering if you knew where i can get two new engines for my 2000 yamaha LS 2000 jet boat...You seem knowledgable enough to know...Thanks chrs

Comment

jplive, the 1200R can be nonpower valved or power valved.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

mpsully10, SBT sells reman engines only, completely rebuilt from top to bottom with a 1yr or 2 year w/a.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks alot.... Do u no how much they usually go for?

Comment

Working...
          X