Symptoms if water mixed with gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Symptoms if water mixed with gas

Yes, westladog has a wife. And yes, I guess I'm an idiot for not listening to him. Hey, I was desperate. Hubby is out of town for 2 weeks and all the dealers/shops around here are booked solid for a couple of weeks. I'm trying to get the skis fixed for my sis' b-day this coming Saturday. Anyway, I thought I was just "cleaning" things w/ the carb cleaner, but I guessed wrong. As for the starter bolt, oops! Hey, it was stuck! It could have happened to anyone...right? :) I will get someone to take what's left of the bolt out. As for the carburetor rebuild, I guess I'll just have to wait until the shop has time to fix it. Thanks, westladog's wife

Comment

I would let the shop fix it all not just the carbs!!!! also let them check it out to see if any thing else is wrong I think it is cool that you try to fix things your self but some times you need to know when you have been beat p.s. don't ask the question if your not going to listen to the answer!!!:emoticont :emoticonl :emoticonb

Comment

Had the Kawasaki dealer check out the jetski to see what's wrong w/ it. They found no problems...said can't figure out what the problem is...said they were "stumped". Carburetor looks fine. Engine runs fine (out of water)...doesn't skip a beat. They just returned the jetski to me & told me to test it out again. Of course, I continue to have the same problem. Hmmm...

Any other suggestion since the dealer can't seem to fix it? My jetski appears to run fine when I first get it in the water. But after a few minutes, it exhibits the same problem, i.e., it can only get to about 5000 rpm & dies if I hit the throttle. Interestingly, when the jet ski is "airborne" in the water, I can see the rpm go up to about 7000-8000rpm & the ski has power immediately when it hits the water, but then, it'll go back to 5000 rpm. Not sure what to do at this point. Help?

Westladog's wife

Comment

Working...
        X