No announcement yet.

1986 650SX Sat for Years!! Is it BAD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 650SX Sat for Years!! Is it BAD???

Hey,
    I was wondering your opinions on a jet ski that a friend may give me.
    It is a 1986 KAWASAKI 650SX JET SKI Stand Up. The story is, it was run for the first year and then put in a garage ever since.

The issue is that it has been sitting since 1988 or so. Not run, turned over, or anything. So with that, I am not sure about it.

Does it turn over? start? I am not sure.
    It is said that it looks like it is showroom condition and looks near perfect since it was only used 1 year.

I was wondering what your opinions are. Is this a time bomb waiting to happen no matter what condition?:emoticonc

Your opinions will be great!!!!
    HELP ME DECIDE IF I EVEN WANT TO WASTE MY TIME ON THIS THING!!

Re: 1986 650SX Sat for Years!! Is it BAD???

Id run it today new fuel and battery and go to it you got it for free right you got nothing to loose and im no macanic but i would bet it runs fine for a long time if it had fuel in it you will have to do carbs but that should be it a little greese here and ther mabey if it was me i would be ichin to start and run it i wish you luck

Comment

Originally posted by n34124
      should be it a little greese here and ther mabey if it was me i would be ichin to start and run it i wish you luck
      Thanks for the luck!
      I am going to plan to bring a new battery and some fresh gas. I guess it is all a matter of it the thing was taken care of way back when. I doubt it was "winterized/storaged", yet I can hope:)

If anyone else has any tricks to possibly start it, let me know!!!!:)

Comment

yup, if it doesn't run good, you may need to rebuild the carbs. Gas w/o stabilizer for two years will turn to gook inside those carbs, besides make all the flexible parts stiff.

Comment

Surveyguy.

Email me please.

dans@jetskinews.com
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X