power valves not opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power valves not opening

Will power valves not opening keep the RPMS down, can't get but around 6000 rpms on my 2000 yamaha 800 XL, the servo motor was running constantly to the open position, swapped it with one off a 1200 that a buddy found no longer runs constantly but now does not open seems to cycle on and off normallyafter you kill it. ski ran fine before the servo started running constantly.

Paul

Re: power valves not opening

Originally posted by pjones2
    Will power valves not opening keep the RPMS down, can't get but around 6000 rpms on my 2000 yamaha 800 XL, the servo motor was running constantly to the open position, swapped it with one off a 1200 that a buddy found no longer runs constantly but now does not open seems to cycle on and off normallyafter you kill it. ski ran fine before the servo started running constantly.

Paul
    Yes with the valves closed the top end will suffer quite a bit, I noticed about 10-15 MPH difference with them closed versus open. Its bad to run it with them closed in high RPMs because when they are closed they increase compression and that will cause detonation.

Comment

Working...
    X