96 ZXI 1100 fuel starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 ZXI 1100 fuel starvation

Hello again,I've had so many problems with this ski I bought used. Some of you may have seen my other posts with the pictures of the rotten through hull fitting where the drive shaft exits the ski.I did not receive any answers from anyone,so I took the old pieces,cleaned them up,put them in place and measured for a piece of pvc pipe to sleeve the old parts.I glued it all together with marine 5200 and bolted it in place.It worked great,no problems.Next I rebuilt the pump.new pump vein case,repaired the bracket with marine-tek epoxy,installed new bearings and seals,pump shaft,impeller..pump is good.Next carbs...ski sat for 3 years,totally stripped,cleaned,and rebuilt carbs with SBT kits,set pop off at 24-25 psi,set low speed screws at 1 and an eighth turns out,highs at 1 turn.brought ski to water today seems to be sucking the new fuel filter dry.blew out all fuel send and return lines with air,all clear.removed fuel pickup from tank,all clean.Near the carbs the return line has a brass fitting,coupler, should this be a check valve?Tried reserve, on, no difference.Ski was running so good ,5-6 minutes then bogging and stalling,look at filter,empty,wait 5 minutes full again??????Tried riding around switching from on to reserve,ski got hot and went into retarded timing mode,i hope... or just was not getting fuel .got home started and ran on the hose fine!!!!Ski has new plugs ,fresh oil and gas,new fuel filter,new carb gaskets,is pissing fine.checked plugs when i got home, mag and center were hot and dry pto looked fine???sorry for my long story,I just want to ride.this is my first ski,thank god for sbt.learned so much from this site,just missing something, HELP!!!!!!!!!

Re: 96 ZXI 1100 fuel starvation

did you get your problem sorted as i am having the same trouble

Comment

no,still have not figured it out.took carbs apart again to check diaphrams,all was fine,checked pop off again 24-25 psi...i am using a fram inline G-2 fuel filter,could this be restricting my fuel flow? its like 1 and 3/4 diameter and 2 and 1/2 long,see through and has the paper filter inside.If I run the ski on the hose,shut off the fuel for 30 seconds,turn it back on and look at the fuel filter, gas rushes in.then slows to a trickle even at higher rpm's.

Comment

54 views and no help....come on guys...somebody ,anybody?????!!!!

Comment

Sorry, I missed your thread.

You are using the wrong fuel filter #1, and you may need to replace the on/off switch. Even if there is no change between the positions - it may be totally clogged. Get the correct Kawasaki filter, not an automotive, the mesh are completely different, and you run into the exact problem you have now. If the filter alone doesn't solve it, do the switch next.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you,i will go to kawi and get the correct filter.had the fuel pickups out of the tank and air blows freely through both on and reserve.hope its just the filter.

Comment

I'm using the exact same filter fram G2 for the past 2 years and have no problems. The factory filter is a waste of money.

Comment

I'm thinking that youdid not get the popoff pressure set correctly and /or the needle and seat are leaking. ive seen where people have set there pressure that low but in my experience I cant seem to get them to work and most carbs that are in good running condition when I check them are at 50-60psi. beyond that make sure that the fuel can flow through the reurn passage and that they are not clogged.

Comment

changed filter getting plenty of fuel,runs great for about 10-15 minutes.then bogs and wont run over 25 mph .no vapor lock.dont know what else to do.before it goes into total bog,it surges for a while seems like i can get out of it for a few minutes, then total bog.could this be an electrical problem?

Comment

I guess I can join the club becasue my 750sx is doing the same. Basically, I can't get full rpm. It will run withouit stalling but the engine is not putting out full power. As a accelerate, I reach the peak @ 3/4 throttle and from that point on all I have is mush.

Comment

Originally posted by ZXIRIDE View Post
                      54 views and no help....come on guys...somebody ,anybody?????!!!!
                      Check your pulse line..... Also visit greenhulk.net they can be very helpfull....

Comment

Working...
                      X