X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Oil Block Off and Primer Kit for GP1200

Hello:

I've been reading online for DAYS. I'm also trying to figure out if I should install a primer kit and/or oil block off. I see SBT Inc. strongly recommends deleteing the oil injection if your ski is older than 7 years old as a precautionary measure to protect your engine.

If you do disble the system, what is the ratio of oil to gas you use?
    Can you just keep dumping it into the gas tank directly?
    Does that cause issues with the fuel filter?
    If you delete the oil injection, can you use the ports in the air cleaner assembly for the primer lines?
    I also read about being careful where you tap into to install a primer kit because of the danger of letting air into the system and causing severe damage. Riva's directions for installing the primer kit do not seem to be available online at their site, so I guess I might know more when I get the kit in the mail.

The stuff I read talked about maybe filling the now unused oil tank with a 100:1 mix of gas to oil that you could switch to in no wake zones to minimize oil smoke from the exhaust. That all seems kind of backwards to me for my type of recreational riding. If I was racing, it seems like a no brainer to eliminate the oil injection. But to delete the variable oil injection on the 1200 to go back to premix seems very backward to me for my needs. Is it better for my needs to buy a new oil injection pump for $235 and go over all the lines carefully and often? The ski is 8 years old, and i'm wondering if I shouldn't push my luck since a failure in the oil injection system could easily wipe out the whole motor!

But then I read a ton of other stuff about carb issues and fuel issues causing cylinder meltdowns.

Just how common are these types of failures, and what is the best strategy to protect your engine and your wallet ???

Thank You,

Lee B.

Re: Info on Oil Block Off and Primer Kit for GP1200

I got confused what I posted where, and I accidentally reposted some stuff I already asked.

See these new posts on oil injection and the motor mounts, because I updated them a lot with new issues. Some stuff I figured out...

Thanks VERY much for the input! Summer is ticking away...

Lee B.

Comment

Re: Info on Oil Block Off and Primer Kit for GP1200

OK you even have ME confused with all your duplicate and LONG posts. I'm closing this one, please keep everything in your original thread.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X