cleaning carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning carb

Hi have a pair of 96 kawasaki sts 750's and am going to get ready and clean my carbs in jet skis and am wondering do i need a carb kit and if so what kind or what exactly do i need to do also is the fuel water seperator supposed to have gas in it or water or what.....Thanks

Re: cleaning carb

If you see water in your filter/separator it means you have water in your fuel system and you need to empty it out, and get the water out.

Carbs can not be cleaned - you always need a kit. Keihin CDK2 carbs: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=35
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks i will get them, but i should see fuel in there right or should it just be empty..

Comment

Yes, if they were in use there will be a little fuel in them.

Comment

OK understand mine is getting full to the top is that ok do i have to keep dumping it out or no????? sorry bout bothering you with these little question.....

Comment

Sorry - I thought you were talking about the carbs. If you don't see water in the separator, you don't need to do anything.

Comment

Ok ran them in the water 1 did great all day no probs the other one was hard starting then finally did but after a min started bogging down real bad especially after giving it gas then died and would not start up and if did soon as you put gas on it it died what could that be and do i have to take it in to a shop or can i fix it myself

Comment

Working...
              X