No spark on 2000 kawasaki 1100 stx di, Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark on 2000 kawasaki 1100 stx di, Please help

While ideling in the no wake zone my ski just died. Took in out and found it has no spark at all. no check engine light or anything else seems different other that now there is no spark and it won't start. When trying to start after a few seconds the battery light comes on. Replaced it with 100% new and charged does same thing. I figure that is becasue it is drawing so much to start. People has said possibly the elecrical control unit which is over a grand just for the part. Anyone have any other ideas? It only has 43 hours on it. Thanks, Also incase it is a major repair I am looking for someone that is parting out the same ski, I may need something. It is a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX DI. My email is scottgrantkcmo@yahoo.com or phone number 816-739-1444. Thanks again.

Re: No spark on 2000 kawasaki 1100 stx di, Please help

Did you ever fix your ski ? Mine has the exact same problem...I love the ski...Hate to get rid of it....Darren 860 391 1650...any help from anyone would be great....I have narrowed it down to the crank sensor or the computer...all else is perfect...

Comment

Re: No spark on 2000 kawasaki 1100 stx di, Please help

I know this a old post, but it's worth reviving.
      If there is no spark, and the injectors aren't firing, first place to go is the crank sensor. It should check out to 430 ohms.
      Note, the STX Di skis are notorious for overheating and frying the emm. The oil pump bearing/cooling cover on the front of the stator cover and the passages on the emm get clogged and starve the emm of cooling water. if this has happened, you need to remove the oil pump, (2 10mm cap nuts), remove the bearing/cooling plate and make sure the water passages are clear, and make sure the fittings on the emm are also clear.
      Solution is to T off a line from the one that feeds the bearing/cooling cover, rout it to the emm, then out of the emm to a second tell tail (pisser). I ran mine on the other side of the bow, but same location.
      The cooling line coming out of the bearing/cooling cover will now go to where the emm out line used to connect.
      You will need about 5ft of 1/4 inch heater hose or fuel line, brass 1/4 inch T, Few stainless steel hose clamps, and either a oem or after market discharge port. You might be able to find a used oem on ebay, or check craigs list for someone parting out jetski's.

Comment

Working...
      X