2000 Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Ultra

194 hours. New Trailer, Rebuilt pump, new cables. Engine runs but has lost compression on number 3. Speedometer was showing 74mph up until then. Engine still runs. Located in Orlando, Fl. Submit reasonable offers to: itsmeitsme1@juno.com

Re: 2000 Ultra

Alrighty then... 4000 g's

Comment

How about $800? I'll come and get it. You can also keep your trailer.

Comment

Let me clarify. The average price of comprable Ultra's on ebay located throught the country, none of which are in Florida as is mine, is 4866.00. Kelley Blue Book and NADA are also guides for determination of price. SBT gets 1500 bucks for the engine which this ski needs. After a new engine this ski along with the other Maintenece items performed, (new trailer as well), places this ski on the high side of the price curve. Supply and Demand concerns aside. Do the Math people. That is if you are looking for Ultras.

Comment

Dude, your selling a blown ski. Your not going to get top dollar. Face it, you just stated that its $1500 for the motor plus installation is another $800. Not including a carb rebuild which runs about $200. Thats only if the rest of it is in good condition. So your looking at $2500 in repairs already. Most blown skis or skis without motors go for around $1000 to $2000, depending on shape and what parts are messing.
          SHOOTER

Comment

Ok so I'll up my offer to 1000 and you still can keep your trailer. Like shooter said your ski has issues so I feel my offer is fair. I have cash and can come get it any time...

Comment

It will not cost me 800 for installation and 200 for a carb rebuild. Even at that with your offer of 1000 + 1500 + 1000 would get you a nice ultra for 3500. I will put a motor in it and now it is worth 4800. So where is my incentive? You may find what you are looking for. I am tired of messing around with Jetski's hence my personal motivation to not bother and buy a new 4 Stroke, apparently I have one more to do. Thanks anyway.

Comment

sorry to tell you but it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. and to be honest i think you will have a hard time finding someone that will pay 4800. i think you could prob get about 2000 with the blown engine. why did it lose compression in the 3rd cylinder?
                <a href="http://www.paintballpromotions.com/member/80972" target="_blank">http://www.paintballpromotions.com/member/80972</a>

Comment

my offer still stands at $1000 :emoticont

Comment

Capt. Casey, you really need to get over the fact that you're not going to get anything over 1500-2000 for it at most. Yes it WILL cost 800 for an engine installation, because if you were to go to a dealer, that is what it would cost, its a labor fee, and yes, it would cost 200 for a carb rebuild, because of the labor. And if it has developed any other unforseen problems, that will cost money too. The rest of the 1 grand left over (3500 total into ski up to 4500) from a 1000 dollar offer is an inconvience fee, when you buy a product, you want it to work, and this ski will take time either at the dealer, and money, or it will take time in your garage, not to mention sweat and work. You have a broken jetski, it doesnt work, and the value of any ski that needs a new engine decreases so dramatically its not funny, look on ebay, you're saying that you are looking at retails, yet those retails are for working skis, no work, time or money required. I've seen hulls for 02 skis go for 500 dollars, for three seaters, although they didnt have the cores or carbs, batt, etc.

With a broken ski you lose either way you slice it, and people with mechanical know-how and motivation win. Since most everyone doesnt want a broken ski, you have a tiny market. And if you try to sell your ski thats broken for 3 grand or so, you will never ever get it sold and the value will go down even more as it sits. If you really think you should get 4800 for the ski, then replace the engine yourself, and get it in working order, yourself. Then it will be worth 4800.

The price your ski is worth is what someone else will pay for it, and I can guarentee that unless you find some random sap that knows nothing about skis and values, it will not go anywhere above 2 grand.

Comment

K6, I understand that. Either I incorrectly assumed that many of the people on this board have the mechnical ability and expertise to remove and replace and engine and rebuild carbs and understand the associated cost and values. Or they are trying to take advantage of me. It is not going to cost me or most of these guys anything other than parts. Which on the outside will be 1700 bucks plus tax. I wanted someone here to have the oportunity to get a ski and put a fresh motor in it themselves and save money over what it would cost to buy one off the neighbor or ebay. Instead I intend to fix it and I will get what everybody else is getting for comprable models with fresh engines, carbs, pump, trailer etc. If you are going to spend 2500 dollars to fix a jet ski that will be worth 4800, then why is it unreasonable to pay 210 for it and save 200 bucks. Or spend 1700 to fix 2900 to buy and still save 200 bucks.. I was willing to deal in those neighborhoods but now my incentive is to restore its value and either ride it or sell it. Or both. I am not on crack and dont need the money. It is no longer for sale.

Comment

Working...
                      X