Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Alignment

Is there any way after installing an engine in a1995 polaris slt750
    that you can check or do the alignment without using the tool or having a dealer do it?

Re: Engine Alignment

If you have access to a machine shop, yes. If not, not really.

Get a 3ft length of 20mm ground stock. measure the ID of the splines on the engine coupler, and cut about 2" of the end of the rod down to this diameter, minus a few thousandths. Remove your prop from the stator, and pull out the stub shaft. Mount the stator to the wear ring housing and torque evenly to whatever the spec is in the book. You will need shorter screws for this. Drop in the engine with the PTO installed. Spray the 20mm rod w/ some WD and slide it in from the back, through the prop bearings. Shim the engine until it goes in smoothly all the way. Verify this w/ grease in the end of the shaft that goes into the PTO. When you remove your rod, the grease should be even all the way around. Note that you may need to grind down the bottom of the engine mount plate to get good alignment.(I had to) There is probably some variation in the blocks B/W your original engine and the SBT one.

Comment

Polaris ski's are not prone to stripping like the SD's. JUst make sure it is close when you go to tighten it back down and put the shims back where they came from if it had any.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

That may be true to a degree, but mine was .250" high in the rear. I put the shims back in the original locations when i did the SBT install, and blew out my driveshaft.

Better safe than sorry. Especially if you have the old style, solid steel PTO coupler.

Comment

yep, yours was way off but most are not that bad.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
          X