Fluid in Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluid in Hull

I recently bought a pair of 99 Tigershark 640's. Took them out this weekend for the first time and both ran fine all weekend. When I got home I took the seats off and checked to make sure everything was in order. One ski was fine, the other ski has a mixture of water and a green fluid sitting in the bottom. Since I am new to the game I have no idea what it might be, any suggestions.

Re: Fluid in Hull

A little bit of water is not that unusual. I would make sure your bilge pump is working. I am not sure what your year model has but you should have a blue button on the back side of your left handle bar that manually turns on the pump. It also should be running automatically whenever the engine in running.
    The green fluid is your 2 stroke oil. Start from your oil tank and follow the lines to see if one is leaking. If you have a line leaking your engine may not be getting enough oil and bad things happen.

Comment

Re: Fluid in Hull

Thanks, that is kind of what I figured it was going to be but just wanted to check and make sure. The bilge is working fine and the water in there didn't really bother me, it was just the green color that had me worried.

Comment

Working...
      X