flywheel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flywheel removal

I am trying to remove the flywheel from a 95 Polaris 780SLX Jet Ski. I am using a wheel puller, but it won't budge. The manual suggests a specific tool. Does the flywheel pull straight out or is it threaded? It appears that the tool (P/N 8700229) is similar to the wheel puller that i am using unless it in some way turns the flywheel.

Re: flywheel removal

It just pulls off - keep trying. Use a little heat, hit the center shaft with a hammer when it's tight.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Just make sure you get a tool to hold the coupler or put a rope in the third cylinder so the crankshaft doesn't turn while your trying to get it off. I used a harmonic balancer puller from autozone which worked great. The good thing about it is it's free. All you have to do is ask for it and they will rent it out for a 15 dollar deposit. Hook the torque wrench up to the end of it and it should come off fairly easy.

Comment

If you have the engine out, an impact wrench works great. I pried on mine with a breaker bar and it wouldn't budge. So, I got out the old impact wrench and it finally popped.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
          It just pulls off - keep trying. Use a little heat, hit the center shaft with a hammer when it's tight.
          Thanks everyone for the help. This has been very helpful.

gm

Comment

Working...
          X