Help Finding Specs for My Yamaha Jet ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Finding Specs for My Yamaha Jet ski

I have a Yamaha Wave Venture 1100. I think it is a 1997. I am looking for a good website to find the specs. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
    Last edited by tical0420; 08-24-2005, 10:53 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Help Finding Specs for My Yamaha Jet ski

Im assuming that the model number for the Wave Venture 1100 is WVT1100 correct? If so, here are some specs.

MAINTENANCE SPECS

Fuel Tank: 13.2 gallons (otherwise its 38 bucks a refill)
    Oil Tank: 1 gallon

Spark Plugs: BR8HS (NGK's)

Idle Speed: 1250 RPM

Low Speed Carb Screw: 1 1/8 (give or take 1/4)
    High Speed Carb Screw: 7/8 (give or take 1/4)

Fuse Cap.: 10 AMP
    Battery Cap.: 12 Volt/19 Amp Hours

Impellar Clearance:NEW/.3-.4 (mm) WEAR LIMIT/.6 (mm)

Drive Shaft Runout: .3 (mm)

MINIMUM Gas Octane: 86

Matenance Tightening Torque for Cylinder Head: 1st step/11 (lbs-ft) 2nd step/25 (lbs-ft)
    Maitenance Tightening Torque for Spark Plugs:14 (lbs-ft)
    Maintenance Tightening Torque for Flywheel: 50 (lbs-ft)

GENERAL SPECS:

Dimmensions:
    Length-124 inches
    Width-49.2 inches
    Height-41.3 inches
    Dry Weight-597 pounds

Performance:
    Maximum Speed-51.6 mph (83 km/h)
    Max RPM-6,500
    Horsepower-110 HP

Fuel Consumption: (dammit Exxon and Mobile!)
    Maximum Fuel Consump.-12.2 gal./h (46 l/h)

Cruising range @ Full Throttle: 1.1 hours

Comment

Thanx K6. Where can I find the VIN number? That is where I can find what year right ( the last 2 digits of the vin)? Also it is winterized. How do I go about un-winterizing it?

Comment

the serial number that has the year in it is located at the back (near the foot grip pads) of every jetski. The model number is located somewhere inside the ski, and should have 2-3 letters, and the displacement size of the engine (1100) the specs I gave were for a 96-97 WVT1100, so until you find thats what you have, dont take them to heart. Theres articles about winterizing and de-winterizing in the tech articles section.

Comment

Thanx alot I really appreciate the insight.

Comment

another place that would help out alot is the service manual for that particular engine or ski

Comment

yea, the clymers arent bad, figure out what year your ski is, through the serial numbers last two digits (ex. XXXXXXXXX96) then buy a yamaha PWC clymer for either 1993-1996 or 1997 on depending on year.

All the specs I listed and more are found in that manual, plus loads of diagrams procedures, its a must if you plan on working on that ski.

Comment

Thanx. I didn't get any paperwork besides the title for the trailer and the ski's and the bill of sale. Where can I purchase one of those manuals from ( Online or retail outlet)? Oh and what type/kind of Oil should I use, and do I have to mix the gas with anything?

Comment

Try amazon.com I buy used books there that are practically new for less than half of new price.
                  Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a team made in heaven.

Comment

What is FOGGING?

Comment

fogging is like pouring oil down the carb while it's running to coat all the bearings and internal surfaces which would keep rust from developing. Fogging spray comes in an areosal can

Comment

Im pretty sure the wave venture doesnt have a hole in the carb for fogging spray, so what works just as well is just to pour a couple ounces of oil down each cylinder.

Comment

Nope , you will not get fogging effect in crank , just top end .

Complete fogging is fogging spray into carb, if you have a plastic stock airfilter, you could drill a small hole just big enough to get the fogging tube thru.

Then you should remove sparkplugs and poor a small spoon of to stroke oil into each cylinder, put a cloth over holes and press starter 1 sec , put plugs back in.

All moving parts should also be lubed to prevent corrosion, throttlewire steering cable ,joints ect.
                          No , its not a Kawa its a Yama , I just love the color!

Comment

Working...
                          X