Water in cylender on a new SBT motor for a 1999 3 seater GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in cylender on a new SBT motor for a 1999 3 seater GTI

I am having a problem with mt 1999 GTI 3 seater. I put a new sbt motor in the boat about 5 hours ago. It runs fine until you shut it off and let it sit for about 20 minutes then it gets water in the cylender and nocks the spark out in that cylender and shuts the motor off (not locking up) but stalls. If I remove the spark plugs get the water out then put the plugs back in, it will run again and run fine until you shut it off again. Has onyone had this issue before any thoughts where to start to find the water? The motor is under warrenty but I want to make sure its not something other than the motor before I call SBT for a warrenty motor.

Re: Water in cylender on a new SBT motor for a 1999 3 seater GTI

Installing an SBT motor means that the customer has to install the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe. In doing so, if you messed up a gasket, it could leak water back into the engine. Other than that, I cannot think of anything you can do without voiding the warranty
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

could it be that u are mistaking the water w/ the fuel? if so, it might be a different issue.

Comment

It's deffinatly water I am going to yank off the exhaust tonigh and seet if I screwed up the gasket.

Comment

Working...
        X