No announcement yet.

Options for impeller housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite frankly Nexis1, you can take your business anywhere you need to, it doesn't effect me.

I am the IT Mgr., and Tech Support here at SBT.

I support Dave as someone I've met and done business with with an OVERWHELMING ratio of good to bad experiences. No one is perfect and mistakes are made by everyone at times, but I believe Dave is an honest standup guy who has a solid business with a great overall reputation.

Until facts come out showing reason to think otherwise, that is my opinion.

Comment

slag, I can see why you chose such a name. Your post was not helpful, nor was it necessary. If you can't be one or the other, why bother?

Comment

I was trying to get some answers to my concerns. I had a bad experience and posted it looking for advice. Now I am a bad guy. This has gotten out of hand. I didnt ask any one to attack impros. Tell me Bryan why I would lie. Not calling your customer for 8 days when you promised it next day is not professional. When you specialize in impeller and pump repair and short cut your work and sell an impeller, that is not professional......any one care to dispute those facts?

Comment

Brian,
          Like I said, I am sorry we couldn't work this out, but it appears you are going to try as hard as possible to twist this situation to make Impros look bad.
          There obviously isn't anything that can be said or done to make you happy. No one is trying to point fingers, but what I did do was defend myself in the fact that you didn't send a note, didn't include the housing, and didn't even try to contact me after realizing that the impeller didn't fit. There is no way Impros or anyone could have identified the problem without all of the parts.
          By the way, anyone that knows me knows that I don't get into name calling, I think you realize you are in the wrong, and just can't deal with it.
          You know after giving you the parts for my price and free labor, you could have just let me know that it was sticking in the housing and I would have helped you out- kinda makes you think huh? This is way outta hand Brian.
          Have a great day.
          David Stewart

Comment

By the way, short cut my work? I gave you a new impeller that worked out to be a small amount more than repairing the OE Yamaha impeller which most people would love to get. As far as the time frame went, I apologized, and will again, but most people would understand, that if your wife goes into the hospital, then I put things on hold. If you don't then I don't want to deal with you anyway. No where on my site or verbally do we have a one day or even 5 day turnaround promise, it depends on the load at the time.
            D

Comment

Dave you shouldnt lie, because I have the note you attached to the housing....You remember the tan tag attached by twisted wire. Might have been a good defense if not for your handwritten notes.
              And yes you short cut the work by not inspecting the obvious.
              Thanks but no thanks I didnt try to make you look bad, you accomplished that all by your self, so everytime a skier asks where to get props or repairs, I will tell them where to not get it done. It was simple dave, You could have just done the right thing by admitting you mistake and offering to make it right the second time. Sometimes I get off to the wrong foot with a customer and yes some are difficult, but if it is my fault, I always admit it and make it right. Any one can deny it and blame the customer, it takes a dedicated business to stay the right course and learn from mistakes. Some of my best customers started out on the wrong foot, but were quickly impressed and converted to loyal customers by turning around bad situations and going to the distance.

Dave if you remember in the begining, I did not brow beat you on price, I didnt even ask you for a deal, when you were late. YOu told me what you believed was wrong and I said do it, I did not even ask price. You offered me your prop at cost, I didnt ask for and didnt think it was nessesary. I heard you were the one to take your impeller and pump stuff if you wanted it done right. Dave you made a mistake and it still isnt your fault....

Comment

My guess is you did not send the impeller hsg/wear ring for inspection. I see no mention of a impeller hsg inspect/repair, so it is kinda hard to verify prop fit/clearance without it.

I have done business with Dave 1 time...He responded to an e-mail and even called me to verify my initial concern on a prop repair, as I did send pics via e-mail for his initial inspect/advice. The prop was repaired and returned in a very reasonable time (don't think it was over 2 weeks). Fit to hsg was perfect (hsg had 300+ hr at install). So, there is my positive experience.
                ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Capt toyota, how do you figure I didnt send the housing? Dave sent the pump back with a tag attached with instructions on putting plenty of 3m 5200 "red" to seal it to the transom. The reason it was sent in the first place was because it had a small crack and was interfering with the impeller.

Comment

As an open minded outsider on this topic, it seems to me that nexis1 had the misfortune of catching Dave at a bad time. I have never done business with Impros or SBT. The pros for both companies far outweigh the cons that I have heard.
                    Now, having said that. It is my opinion that since nexis is not happy, go ahead and dispute the charges on your card that is your right as a customer. Then take your business elsewhere.
                    Dave unfortunately as a business owner sometimes you have to deal with unhappy people, I would fight for my money for the work that was done, and then send nexis on his unhappy way and place him on a "Do NOT DEAL" list.
                    Then when all is said and done go out for a ride.
                    Danny

Comment

Let's clear this point up real fast.

Nexis1 says he sent the housing.

Dave says he did not.

There is NO grey area here...which one is it guys?

If it was NOT sent, then disputing charges is not only wrong, but ILLEGAL. In that case the guy DID receive goods and services for his money and it should be treated as fraud and theft.

Comment

As busy at it is this time of year, I was hoping this thing was behind me, because by spending time on the net defending my company against an unreasonable and dishonest person, I'm now delaying others on a fast turnaround time. So, this is the last I have to say about it.
                        If anyone that cares read the posts and my replies, it has already been said. There was an unfortunate emergency that put things a few days behind, and this fella can't understand that, and was very rude to me on the phone. He sent less than all of the parts necessary to identify one of the problems that was evidently wrong with this pump. He lied right off the bat when he said the shaft fell out of the pump in the forward direction, when in fact he tried pressing it out in the wrong direction. The impeller was destroyed like many of the OE Yamaha's are, that are run for a period of time in the 155mm pumps, from cavitation. It Needed replaced. The bearing were bad, which is why I assume he tried to remove them. Because of the delay, I offered to sell him a new Concord impeller for my cost, install new bearings at my expense, and only charge for the seals and bearings. The parts were returned to him. When he found there was more to the problem, he came on here and started putting down Impros, never called until after I saw this original post. I was probably a little on the defense, he sensed that real quick, and was out of control from then on. He knows he feels stupid because he was called on something where he was in the wrong.
                        It is unfortunate that this couldn't be worked out in a simpler maner, we could have set him up with either a new OE ring, or an aftermarket, more durable part. As Ripped and Brian said, disputing the charges for parts that he recieved (and knows he needed, if he sticks to his story that the shaft fell out, then that's a good indication that the inside diameter of the bearings are bad) would be wrong and unfair to make me spend the time having to defend. But I will, If he doesn't want the parts, he should return them and I will credit his card and hopefully never hear from him again.
                        I don't feel like there was anything else I could do under the circumstances, but some peole are very difficult to deal with. I have been dealing with customers in this same industry for over 19 years, and while it's not the first of this kind, there have been very few, because I feel like I am an honest businessman.
                        Thank you,
                        David Stewart
                        Impros

Comment

Personally, I can't fathom Dave being the liar in this case.

Comment

Bryan
                            You are right concerning the legalities of disputing charges. I apologize for implying otherwise.(I suppose I should read my posts BEFORE I post them).
                            Dave
                            19 years..............sounds like a darn good track record to me. Seems if you treated everyone the way nexis is saying, you would have been out of business around 18 years ago eh?
                            Hope the wife is ok. Get your money and send nexis on his way and fuhgedaboudit.
                            Danny

Comment

Its funny how the customer who get burned is the person to blame. You guys give a great name to the good people in the industry and the sport.

Fact. Dave was sent the housing.

Fact. It will be proved to the credit card company by way of shipping weights to and from.

Fact. I came on here looking for advice to rectify a problem locating a new housing since i didnt want to send it back to Unpros

Fact. Not one of you offered advice.

Fact. Everyone of you engaged in blaming me.

Opinion. I guess this what this forum is for

Comment

Item #7--- 66V-51312-00-94 HOUSING, IMPELLER 1 $231.24, walk into any authorized Yamaha franchise and order that part if that is what you are looking for. Not a hard part to find, may have to be ordered, no big deal.
                                Look at the pic at this address: Yamaha '99 SUV pump
                                ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Working...
                                X