fuel trouble-shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel trouble-shooting

First, thanks for all the help I've gotten from this forum. You all have been great. I rebuilt the engine on my Polaris 780SLX. It is in good working order. When I bought the jet ski, it wasn't running. It had multiple problems that I have fixed, but now that it is reassembled, I see I'm getting no fuel to the carbs. Is there some good system for trouble-shooting fuel problems or should i start with the assumption that the fuel pump is bad. The jet ski sat for months not running. The guy said it stopped running on him when he rode it last. Thanks in advance for advice.

Re: fuel trouble-shooting

get a mikuni triple outlet fuel pump and replace all your lines from the tank to the fuel pump. make sure you replace or at least reuse the fuel restrictor thats in the return line from the carbs to the gas tank. if there is no restrictor there will be no fuel to your carbs it will all be just going back into the gas tank. also it probably wouldnt hurt to get your carbs rebuilt if you havent done so already.

Comment

Re: fuel trouble-shooting

The SLX 780 should have a tripple outlet pump. Remove the return line from the carbs and see if fuel squirts out when turning over the engine. Also check to see that the return line or the fuel filter is not blocked. You also need to pressure test the fuel system to check for any air leaks in the supply line.

If all that check out the it is time to pull the carb reack and rebuild the carbs.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
      X