Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flush kit on Yamaha Waverunner LX- help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flush kit on Yamaha Waverunner LX- help!

Bought a kit to flush my yamaha but it had no directions...there is a port on the top of the cylinder head that says "wash" so that must be the one, but there is a hose that runs from that port to the exhaust. Do I completeely remove that hose and put the flush kit hose to the "wash" port, and if I do that leaves the opening at the exhaust at the other end of the hose that was there, do I just cap that off or is it needed? 1992 Waverunner LX 650. Thanks for any help

There is no t-fitting or anything in the kit, just a hose barb (which I don't guess I need since the port is already there) and a hose with a garden hose connector

Re: flush kit on Yamaha Waverunner LX- help!

Remove the cap screw and isntall the fitting with the kit where is says wash..leave the hose alone..

Comment

some ski's require you tap into that line, not sure if thats one of them, but other just have a screw that you take out and put a nipple in to put the hose on

Comment

guys that explains why my ski had no power! I bought it on ebay and it would not rev up and only went about 10mph, and every time I took the seat off water was in the hull and I couldn't figure it out. Come to find out the flush tap on top of the head had a broken bolt (that's where the hose barb from the flush kit was supposed to screw in to) but it had been broken off such that you couln't tell that a bolt was supposed to be there. So when the ski was running, water was flowing out of that hole and into the engine compartment, instead of from the exhaust to engine connection. I jb welded it and it runs great now, no way I could have gotten what's left of the bolt out, will have to buy a new cyl. head. You guys inadvertently solved my problem!

Comment

Working...
        X