Tiger Shark 750 and 900 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Shark 750 and 900 Help

I am new to buying jet skis and have found what was told to me as a 1995 Tiger Shark Monte Carlo 750 and a 1995 Tiger Shark 900 the quoted price is $4000 but is willing to negotiate. They are on a double trailer and appear to be in good condition with around 30-40 hrs logged. I am very interested in knowing if this is a good deal and what problems I may run into such as that tiger sharks are no longer made. I am also very curious as to what kind of speeds I could expect to reach with these. As far as I have seen these are also only made in 3 seaters. If you can link me to a site with specifications of each of these models it would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to find some. I appreciate your assistance.

Re: Tiger Shark 750 and 900 Help

For a check on prices go to kelly blue book.... http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.sz?kbb&&&zip;5420;mc

i couldnt find a site with specs on it for the 95 models

-john

Comment

I appreciate the information Would you say these are a good idea for someone starting out with jet skis. And what would you be willing to pay for them.

Comment

They would be nice ski's for starters provided both the hull and power train are in good condition. I would want to try them out before I purchased them and as for their value, both ski's and trailer are worth anywhere between 2,000.00 and 2,500.00 depending on their overall condition, 4K is way to much for the two ski's and trailer IMO.

Comment

any suggestions on what things to look at when testing them at for a person who has never done messed with them before?

Comment

First off... are they clean enough that you'd even want to sit on it? I had one once that I wouldn't.

Look in the bilge for accumulated oils, leaks, gasoline... do this before and after a ride. They could have cleaned it up well, and a ride will show serious faults in short order.

Test drive them! Don't buy without it.

Get them from a cold start, and see how they perform. Run them slow, run them fast. Let them sit for a while and try to run them again. If something feels/acts wrong, pass it up.

And they do seem overpriced for the age.

Comment

Working...
            X