Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Kawasaki 750SX - Liquid Cooling Question

Just a quick question here.

I have been running my jet ski for a couple months now. After a little while running it, on the left side, where the water that cools the engine exits the ski, gets scolding hot.

The nozzle slowly moves upwards so that the water blasts down the ski and catches me in the shin every so often. Turning right is almost out of the question at that point.

I turned the nozzle downwards, which works for an hour or two, before it works its way back up. I suppose I could just tighten it downwards, and not have to deal with it.

My question is, is the water supposed to be this hot? Its not a peeling the skin off hot, it is more of a "SON OF A BEE-STING" type of thing when it hits your leg.

Is this signalling that the cooling system isn't doing its job? Is there anything I can do to improve the cooling of my jet ski without spending too much money (no more than $20-30 realistically) such as larger tubing to allow for more water to flow through?

Re: 94 Kawasaki 750SX - Liquid Cooling Question

I really don't think you have a cooling problem, that water was never meant to hit yours shins. I had a 93 750 SSXi. I turned the nozzle upwards on purpose so i could see the water spray easier without having to lean over on the ski. I had the same reaction when it hit my shins. It did not permanently burn but it did get my attention. I turned the nozzle back down. If your keeps moving up it is most likely being caused by the hose attached inside the hull. You might want to loosen the hose connection inside, turn the nozzle down, retighten the hose. Do not try to run more water through your engine by increasing hose and fitting sizes. The factory sized things that way to control the amount of water being fed to the engine, bigger is not better.

If you were sure you had a cooling problem the answer would be to clean and / or replace the existing hoses and fittings so they flow the amount of water they were originally designed for. in other words, if they are blocked or restricted you certainly want to clear them out but you don't want to arbitrarily go bigger.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
    Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

Re: 94 Kawasaki 750SX - Liquid Cooling Question

coolant water is supposed to be hot, that tells you that its doing its job taking heat away from the engine, you should only be worried when there isnt a stream coming out, or a weak stream, thats pretty much it.

Comment

Working...
      X