Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 XP has slight bog and I don't want to lean to much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 XP has slight bog and I don't want to lean to much.

I have a 96 XP with under 20 original hrs on it. 160psi in each jug, still oil injected, impellar ok not perfect, Just freshly rebuilt the carbs. high speed closed and low speed is 1-1/4 spec says you can +-1/4 on the low in would be lean and out would be rich right? now with it set to stock 1-1/4 out the new plugs are wet and black after a top end run with the bog if you just punch it from idle you have to bring up the rpm's a little first before you can hammer down without it bogging. I went in with the low speed screw an 1/8 turn from 1-1/4 out makeing it out 1-1/8 put new plugs which are NGK br8es, took it for a blast top end came back pulled the plugs which were alot more dry with the exception of the wet flat ring around the bottom of the plug the porcilen is still white and the electrode is dry and the metal arm over the electrode is a light brown but I still have the slight hesitation in or out of the water from idle. what could or should I do? Thanks!:emoticont Also could I possibly go out an 1/8 to a 1/4 on the high speed where after the high speed run the plugs were dry and light brown?
    Last edited by nippsynipon; 09-10-2005, 08:50 AM.
Working...
X