Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 Waverunner WR650 engine Torque Specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Waverunner WR650 engine Torque Specs.

Does anyone have the torque specs. for engine on 1991 WR650 that they can e-mail me. I am rebuilding my engine and would like to torque everything as I put it back together. I am having to put crankshaft and all gaskets and top end kit in it.
    Thanks Cammie
    cakirk2004@yahoo.com

Re: 1991 Waverunner WR650 engine Torque Specs.

Originally posted by cakirk2004
    Does anyone have the torque specs. for engine on 1991 WR650 that they can e-mail me. I am rebuilding my engine and would like to torque everything as I put it back together. I am having to put crankshaft and all gaskets and top end kit in it.
    Thanks Cammie
    cakirk2004@yahoo.com

Why in the world would someone even attempt to do a major job like rebuilding an engine without a service manual? All of the critical measurements, dimensions and specifications, as well as the tips and tricks to a smooth job are listed in such a manual. For what it's worth, Yamaha casts the torque specs and the torque pattern on every critical assembly of their engines.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

I think the head bolt torques are cast on the head? My 91 650 Lx has torque values cast all over the head area. Thats a start, a generic metric bolt guide would work.

But even I would strongly recommend getting the Chiltons, or Haynes, or similar manual. There is two much stuff on one of these that does not go together like an old Ford, to do it without one. Any you need more that one size hammerl, also.

Comment

I think the head bolt torques are cast on the head? My 91 650 Lx has torque values cast all over the head area. Thats a start, a generic metric bolt guide would work.

But even I would strongly recommend getting the Chiltons, or Haynes, or similar manual. There is two much stuff on one of these that does not go together like an old Ford, to do it without one. Any you need more that one size hammerl, also.

Comment

Working...
        X