Rotary valve questions for a 787RFI and premix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary valve questions for a 787RFI and premix

I just acquired a 787RFI and am in the process of doing a top-end job. I like pre-mix over injection but since this is fuel injected (only air goes over the rotary valve and injected oil) can I go pre-mix?? If I did bypass the injection what would keep the rotary valve lubed?? With the injection oil being injected in to the front of the engine it seems like it keeps the rotary valve lubed, but if I pre-mix oil-fuel mixture will be injected in the rear of the engine will it make a difference for the rotary valve? Will it not lube the engine enough since it is now coming in the rear instead of the front?? This is the first injected Sea-Doo I have owned so sorry for all of the questions.

Re: Rotary valve questions for a 787RFI and premix

Nope. Clogs up the fuel injector nozzels.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

So you advise not to premix? If you say not too I will go back to the injection, but I guess I need to search the forums on adjusting the oil pump correctly unless there is a trick that I need to know?

Comment

Tech articles...even has pictures.

You don't have a choice, you must use the pump system.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, I am really confused, I read the tech article and that makes sense but Bill says that it will clog the injectors which makes sense also, so what do I do?? I really like pre-mix over injection?

Comment

I have no idea why you are confused - we have both told you you CAN'T DO IT. You asked how to align the pump - tech articles, there is an article there for that too.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sorry, I was reading the tech article on "blocking off rotary engine" thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X