Stator wiring help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stator wiring help?

When pulling the motor from my 1994 750SS I did something stupid, and cut the wires going to the stator in front of the existing splice point. It was not until I read a howto engine swap page that I saw what I did wrong. As I suspect some of you know there are 2 brown wires. Which one goes to where?

Thanks Ike

Re: Stator wiring help?

Without the wiring diagram here in front of me nor that engine, I would think that the two same colored wires are the charging side and will lead to your reg/rect ***'y. Trace the boat side browns to the reg/rect.

Comment

I have a wiring diagram that shows that both brown wires (along with one black one) go to the regulator/rectifier, but one splits off inside the Electrical box goes through a diode then to the fuel level indicator. The problem is the diagram does not show where each of these connect to where on the stator/magneto. I can trace which one splits off to the fuel level indicator, but not where that wire should connect on the stator end.

Ike

Comment

It should not matter which wire goes where. they both run the same amount of current

Comment

Dankbud is right, it's AC voltage until it gets rectified so won't matter which way they're connected.

Comment

Working...
          X