This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Policy Pushed Me Away..

I had full intensions on buying a SBT short block last week. After sending in my pictures of my damaged shortblock my purchase price jumped from $799 to over $1000 plus shipping!! With the drastic change in price I was driven to investigate my other options. With a little research I found a competitor to SBT, who will remain unnamed to respect SBT's site, who was selling the same remanufactured motor with the same warranty at the same price. The difference between the two companies is SBT charges for core damage and their competitor does not. So I did make a purchase with the competitor for $799 plus shipping for the exact same thing that SBT wanted over $1000 due to my core damage. If a competitor is doing something and still making money, to stay competitive its competition must follow to stay competitive also. Please don’t see this as a bashing post, but more of a consumer feedback that could help you better your business. I own two 96 XP's and that being said I will always be in the market for motors, so I will be in the market again someday! I guess we will see what the policies are then..:emoticonc

Re: Core Policy Pushed Me Away..

personally i think that other company must be idiots if they dont charge a core charge..
    they must not know how to properly inspect an engine to rebuild it cause it does cost them to deal with a junk core.
    no offense but you must be the first person to complain about a core charge when you know yours is junk... ANy reputable company will charge a core unless they are in the business to lose money in the long run.

Comment

We don't mind if sometimes people choose PMC - we know first hand what kind of 'engines' they build and what kind of experiences people go through to get them (some never do) - and then try to get their deposit money back :) They have never actually been competition, they just have good advertising :) Good luck! (you'll be back LOL)
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Oh, and btw...regarding your comment on the other thread that PMC is "American Made"...lol...there aren't any foundries around here, last time I checked :) They are "Assembled in America", same as ours :)

Comment

Well, I have heared this story before. SBT 50000+ engines built and sold. The reputation speaks for itself. It all boils down to (YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR) anyone has the option of exercizing their options on where to purchase merchandise but sometimes the cheaper way is not always the most cost effective way in the long run. You may want to double and triple check the warranty gurantee and get something in writing before you finalize the deal. Maybe the website of the company you are dealing with has some information on their forums to get some feedback on the company. I am in no way affiliated with SBT and i am not bias in this matter but i know several people that have been doing business with SBT and have seen many SBT engines on the water. I will stick with the company that has the proven integrity and track record that i am comfortable with. Save a few now, pay alot more later. Thats the way it goes. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
            We don't mind if sometimes people choose PMC - we know first hand what kind of 'engines' they build and what kind of experiences people go through to get them (some never do) - and then try to get their deposit money back :) They have never actually been competition, they just have good advertising :) Good luck! (you'll be back LOL)
            They must have changed their deposit policy because they did not require one. They took a page from the SBT book and do it on trust. Just like with SBT I have two weeks to get the core motor back. About the warranty, I ordered it over the phone and have had lengthy conversations with the shop foreman, John and a few others. I bought a remanufactured motor so I really don’t have any first hand knowledge of their NEW motors.

About your message about foundries, there are foundries all over the USA including Florida. Unless they are having them cast in Mexico they would have no choice but to have them cast in the USA. It would be too expensive to have them cast out of the country and shipped to them.

Through my dealings with PMC we did have a few conversations about SBT and they never bad mouthed SBT at all. Its funny, I come on here and mention my experience and the first thing you do is bash them. Seems kinda unprofessional in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by wreckless123
              About your message about foundries, there are foundries all over the USA including Florida. Unless they are having them cast in Mexico they would have no choice but to have them cast in the USA. It would be too expensive to have them cast out of the country and shipped to them.
              LOL ok...good luck ;)

Comment

Wreckless-

I realized that you decided to go to a competitor...but, as toostrokin said, you get what you pay for. You pay more for better quality, better service, better shipping, better all-around people working for said organization.

There is no sense in trying to pitch to technical support of the deal/motor/service you got from the competitor, I'm sure he knows most of everyone that works there on a personal basis, and knows first hand of their quality. He's not out to get you to cancel your order with the competitor and go with him, he's letting you know that you probably won't be happy with what you're buying.

Good luck to you and your new motor, be sure to post about it and let us all know how it went.
                I'm a newbie...
                The Plan: Back to square one

Comment

Originally posted by 93SeaDooSP
                  Wreckless-

I realized that you decided to go to a competitor...but, as toostrokin said, you get what you pay for. You pay more for better quality, better service, better shipping, better all-around people working for said organization.

There is no sense in trying to pitch to technical support of the deal/motor/service you got from the competitor, I'm sure he knows most of everyone that works there on a personal basis, and knows first hand of their quality. He's not out to get you to cancel your order with the competitor and go with him, he's letting you know that you probably won't be happy with what you're buying.

Good luck to you and your new motor, be sure to post about it and let us all know how it went.
                  What really bothers me is when someone has an opinion or call the competetitor inferior quality when I am sure they have no experience with the competitors products. I am sure they have had good experiences with SBT or have personal relationships with them but to call the others motors inferior is just ignorant. Neither I or the competitor have made any negative comments about SBT because we have nothing to draw from, but it seems the first thing SBT or their customers do is trash talk... If the competitor was putting out inferior quality, dont you think that having the same warrenty policy as SBT would blow up in their face? I am glad that I will will now have first hand experience with the motor I have bought and I will report good or bad on the experience and quality.

Comment

I think you have said all you wanted to accomplish with this thread. We are not bad mouthing anyone. Like I said, good luck. If you want to promote your choice, please do so elsewhere, this isn't the proper venue. We appreciate your feedback regarding our core policy, thank you.

Closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X