Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Kawasaki 550 jetski Carb...

Hello..

I have this Kawasaki 550 Jetski, It will not run more than one min, Before the Rpm Goes down.

I startet the ski this morning and sailed 50yards, it took Rpm and that was good but after that i could only hold the ski startet with Gas at MAX... and the ski whent on very low RPM.. and then it turned of:o(

Some People says it is the Carburator I need to fix?

Help Me.. What's Going on..

Nicolaj J R

Denmark

Re: Help Kawasaki 550 jetski Carb...

I am new to carbs too, but I have two 550's getting carbs work right now. What carburetor do you have and do you know if it's been fooled with. I guess there is some jetting mods that are irreversable on the 44bn round ones like mine. Anyway, I am lucky to have a really good jet ski mechanic, I could ask him your question. Maybe it would help me understand mine because they sound similar - poor idle and performance. Do you have a choke or primer?

Comment

The Carb.. is the Org. 28mm on the Kawsaki 550,- What's Rong?

Comment

Have you checked for exhaust leaks? Double check your tank pressure releif valve? How old is the gas? Try running a line straight from the tank reserve line through the fuel pump into the carb. Most likely, you have a restriction somewhere. (Fuel Selector switch, water sep bowl, fuel lines delaminating)
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Can anyone tell me the stock carb settings on an 89 JS 550 and a 91 550 sx?

Comment

Working...
          X