Water Leak and Rattle Noise at idle Ultra 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leak and Rattle Noise at idle Ultra 150

I have a 2001 ultra with 80 hours. While riding last time I noticed that I am taking on water where the driveshaft enters the engine compartment. If you look inside the engine compartment, and look in the area of where the driveshaft first enters the engine compartment. Theres like a coupler with four bolts, then to the rear of that is a grey boot thing with a black hose and a hose clamp. In that area pretty much right to the rear of the part that has the four bolts with the drive shaft going through is where the water leak is. I guess there just has to be some type of water seal there. Im assuming there is a water seal there. Has anyone had this problem before? The water leak is pretty severe, the water pours in like a garden hose.

Second problem is, at idle in the water I get this loud rattling noise, but once you apply throttle it goes away. Related to the water leak most likely not, noisy bearing inside the pump somewhere?

PS engine is stock, only mods to ski are handling mods

Re: Water Leak and Rattle Noise at idle Ultra 150

Time to rebuild the pump bearings and seals and the driveshaft carrier. I think SBT sells the kits for both.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Originally posted by dank
      Time to rebuild the pump bearings and seals and the driveshaft carrier. I think SBT sells the kits for both.
      Thanks buddy i ordered the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by junglerunna
        I have a 2001 ultra....Second problem is, at idle in the water I get this loud rattling noise, but once you apply throttle it goes away. Related to the water leak most likely not, noisy bearing inside the pump somewhere?
        I have two friends that have owned the 150's. One still does, the other sold his for an RXP. Both of them had/have a very distinctive rattle at idle. And it has sounded exactly the same on both. And, like yours, as soon as you apply throttle, it goes away. To my knowledge, neither has ever experienced any problems from the rattle. So I guess I wouldn't worry about it too much unless other 150 owners come up with problems that resulted from the sound.

Now both skis have had their engines replaced, as they both blew with less than 100 hours. But so far, since the last engine was installed, the current owner has not had any more problems though his ski still "rattles" just like before.

Comment

if it stops vibrating by pushing the throttle then just turn the idle up. Thats what i did to mine when mine rattled (and i have the same engine as a 150, just different hull) and it fixed it. Someone else also had this problem about two weeks ago.

Comment

Yes they do raqttle like a SD at idle and it is not a problem.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
            X