$3000 later XPL still not running Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $3000 later XPL still not running Part II

All I know is that 1) I took him my xpl because it was bogging REAL bad He told me I had a VERY Dirty fuel filter and needed a carb & fuel tank cleaning and I paid for the service. He test drives all of his repair jobs on the lake by riding it around. After I picked out the watercraft and after riding less then 2 hours the thing would only go half speed and check compression and it was ok. I took back to the tech and after 2 weeks he said I found the problem "dirty fuel filter again" and then he starts claiming he can not fully clean a fuel tank without taking out motor and pull out the fuel tank. He suggest I clean out my fuel filter every 30 min of riding. So I go to the lake and after 1 minute of idle speed the motor dies and I pulled the plugs and notice that water is shooting out of one cylinder and my compression is 20 psi on the cylinder on that cylinder. I called him back and he states water from the fuel tank caused that damaged.

Comment

If the fuel filter gets clogged it can cause the cylinder to run lean and damage the piston/cylinder, probably why you now have 20 psi in that cylinder... :(

Comment

Man, save yourself the hassle from taking it to another dealer and do the repairs yourself. If you need help doing it, we can help you through it. Like I said before, I am in Charleston if you need some help.
        SHOOTER

Comment

Working...
        X