Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one stocks the tool to remove an impeller, Any other way to get this thing off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one stocks the tool to remove an impeller, Any other way to get this thing off?

I have called every freaken place around the Washington/Baltimore area and no one stocks this **** thing. Am I the only one that has ever needed to change a wear ring? Is there any other way to get this impeller off without this tool. I'm trying to get this thing back together before the weekend. The closest dealer to me is 40 miles away on top of that. Danm it!!!!

Re: No one stocks the tool to remove an impeller, Any other way to get this thing off?

You gotta junk driveshaft? Make a tool out of one.

Comment

Re: No one stocks the tool to remove an impeller, Any other way to get this thing off?

Unfortunantley I don't have one. I already thought about that. I forgot to mention that this is a 1992 GTS

Comment

If it helps, any Kawasaki dealership has the same size splined tool.

Order it overnite from Parker Yamaha.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Pull your D.S. and clamp it in the vise, pull cone on housing and use wrench on end of imp. shaft to remove impeller.

Comment

All you have to do is stick the wood handle of a hammer in the impeller area in order to lock it in, and then take an big ajustable wrench to the end of the impeller shaft. Works great for me.

Comment

i got a input shaft of a automatic tranny from the local transmission shop, had to try a few to get the right one but fit like a glove

Comment

Working...
              X