Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In middle of primer install..brass fittings question

750 Kawa Keihin install

OK, got the choke plates and mechanism out. Ready to install the fittings. Any pointers on getting the brass fittings onto the carbs?

One is solid one has the fuel fitting. Does the solid one go in from inside the throat? Which side of the card for the fuel fitting, it can be the side with the shroud like thing over the end?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, im in the middle of installing this thing..

What about primer pump install location, any tips?

Thanks in advance, Tommy
    It's not high performance unless it's cryo-treated!
    ltzcryo.com cryomotorsports.com

Re: In middle of primer install..brass fittings question

Anyone? I'm desperate here!

Comment

Install the primer itself where the choke pull was, install the hoses from the hull side of boat towards the engine.
      Last edited by Riixxii; 09-21-2005, 10:10 PM. Reason: direction

Comment

Thanks...The sts has a choke handle so I removed it and installed the primer.

The problem im having is the brass fittings do not fit into the carb. Drilling them out a little now. I guess the plugs (not the one with barbed fitting) install inside the carb, huh?

Thanks,
        T

Comment

The plugs press into the carbs. I also use a little JB Weld on the rim to make sure they wont fall out.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I've installed them on two sets of carbs and they can get a little tight. Put them in the freezer for a while. To press them in, use a set of channel locks and put a piece of cardboard in the carb throat to protect it. The leverage of the pliers works good to press them in. Once they are started, get a small 1.4" drive socket to help press all the way in(use the socket for the ones with a nipple). Should be fairly easy to do and I haven't had to drill anything or use JB weld.

Comment

Freeze them, add a little JB weld, then use a 5mm or something around that size and tap in with hammer. BE VERY GENTLE WITH THE HAMMER!!!

Comment

Working...
              X