2002 XLT 1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 XLT 1200

Hey Bryan, Reference to my Ski, I went out around 6 weeks ago and had a water hose come off in the rear compartment, Water was everywhere. When I arrived home I drained the 200 gallons of water from the ski and attempted to start it back up, Now that I have it running again, I cant seem to get my MAX rpm's up, it only gets up to 6200, and runs about 13 MPH slower. Plugs have been changed and I have used 3 tanks of gas. I also have low compresson in the last piston

Sorry, its a 2001...

Comment

Take a compression check, you may have damage. How much time was there between you ingesting the water, and you getting it out and using it again?

Comment

About 2 hours, took a while to get it started, Since then I have been out several times, but still runs slow. Yesterday I checked the compression, the 1st two cylinders was around 90, the last one around 25.

[ November 04, 2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Escalade ]

Comment

Well, there's your problem - you toasted your engine.

Comment

Wow, Good thing I live in Clearwater, can I replace me engine with the one you sell without the PV, and whats the hp on the two 1200's that you sell ??

Comment

The HP is the same as stock, and no you can''t switch engines.

Comment

OK, thks for your help, I will be in touch if they wont cover the cost for the repair.

Comment

No factory warranty covers water ingestion.

Comment

even if its due to a improper install, one of the clamps was not installed from the last repair job..

Comment

You'll have to pursue it from a dealer standpoint - you won't get Yamaha to cover it.

Comment

I would be SO TICKED if that happened to me - the dealer should cover it if you can prove it was their fault. Hopefully they will take the high road and not try to weasel out by saying you did it. Maybe they will go halfway with you.

Probably one of those cases where it is best that you are "wrench-impaired" and don't ever get into the motor and 'fix' and 'adjust' things. More argument that the dealer was the cause.

Comment

Thats what im gonna do, act dumb and CRAZY at the same time, until they fix it, or pay for half.. The other part is that I found loose bolts in the engine area and on the Pipe, Poor install of the 2nd engine, Makes me wonder if I want them to replace it (again). Thinking about doing it myself, that way I will fell better...you know the saying, I you want it done right...........

Comment

Bryan, Im in the Clearwater area, and would like to stop by and visit your shop. could I just ask for you ??

Comment

Sure, I can give you a tour, not too busy this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X